ERIKS founder Arie Eriks started his small business in 1940 supplying gaskets, seals, v-belts and hoses to the dairy industry. Up until the seventies the business organically grew focusing on gaskets and rubber products. From then to the millennium ERIKS expanded across European countries, Asia and the USA, adding electrical power transmission, valves, hoses and couplings and industrial plastics to the range of products.
This growth came through a number of strategic acquisitions during which, our organisation was enriched with the histories and experience of these companies. In the new millennium, ERIKS continued to acquire specialised distribution and manufacturing companies in Europe, including large organisations such as Baudoin in Belgium, Wyko in the United Kingdom and with the acquisition of Lewis-Goetz, Rawson and Industrial Controls, ERIKS established our position in the US.
As a leading-edge supplier to industry today, ERIKS recognises the role we play in the supply chain and in society as a whole. Present-day views on sustainability and corporate social responsibility are anchored in our strategy and operational management.
Our History in the UK and Ireland
WYKO Industrial Services was formed by Roger Edwards and Phillip White in the heart of the Black Country in 1962. This single branch was dedicated to the sale and technical support of bearings. WYKO soon built a growing reputation as an innovative force in the market providing customers with a choice of leading products and engineering solutions based upon sound industry expertise.
As WYKO grew we expanded our distribution network by opening more branches. WYKO was the first company to offer a 24 hour bearing and power transmission service across its 22 branches. Even in those early days as a small specialist engineering company, WYKO believed that long term investment in its staff was the key to a successful long term business. This is a belief that still stands today.
From WYKO to ERIKS...
...A wealth of experience providing specialist engineering solutions to industry
- 1962 - WYKO was formed by Philip White as a small specialist engineering company
- 1966 - WYKO opened it's first bearing distribution branch, Lye Bearings; A bearing distribution company was established, known as WBT providing a 24 hour bearing and power transmission service via 22 branches in the UK
- 1978 - The forerunner of Revolvo Precision Products formed to manufacture non-standard bearings
- 1982 - Transline was formed as part of WBT to provide technical and commercial support for power transmission products
- 1985 - WYKO became a Public Limited Company
- 1988 - Drives and Controls was acquired; Polyurethane Products Limited (P.P.L.) and W. B. Anderton Precision Gears were acquired
- 1991 - With UK distribution offering the greater opportunities for growth, E.W. Bearings with its 42 Branch network was acquired significantly increasing WYKO's national coverage
- 1994 - Appointment of Richard Johnson as WYKO Group Plc's new Chief Executive. Oswald Seals was acquired making WYKO the UK's largest seal distributor complementing the existing seal service through the Branch network
- 1995 - WYKO Group Plc purchased Olympic Chevin; the existing number 3 in the UK market, WYKO opened a new Branch in Coventry with further Branch openings planned. Late 1995 the Purchase of Aberdeen Bearing Group (ABG) to enhance the Scottish network
- 1996 - The acquisition of Thamesdown Bearings, in January. The acquisition of Swan Bearing Factors, in June. The purchase of BERL (British Electrical Repairs Limited) and the Lewis Group of companies expanded the electro-mechanical repair service throughout the UK.
- 1997 - Acquisition of Burton Engineering Supplies, Bearing Engineering Services, ST Bearings and late 1997 saw the acquisition of Central Engineering Supplies. The acquisition of the ESL Group completed the national network of the electro-mechanical division. WYKO Industrial Limited formed 1997.
- 1998 - January 1998 saw the acquisition of M.R. Transmissions in Chesterfield. March bought about the purchase of Tomax (fork lift chain specialists), and Major Fluid Power Centre who enhance the pneumatics side of the business. Express Bearings were also purchased during March. GM Fluid Power Centre and John Fenwick were also purchased during May 98, to further enhance the distribution side of the business.
- 1999 - WYKO owned by Perdix Investments Limited following an MBO. WYKO Industrial Limited renamed as WYKO Industrial Services Limited.
- 2001 - WYKO merges with FPT formally (Fenner Power Transmissions), creating a stronger industrial products and services company with over £250 million turnover.
- 2006 - WYKO purchased by ERIKS to form Europe's undisputed market leader for industrial products and services.
- 2008 - WYKO re-branded ERIKS UK
- 2009 - ERIKS was acquired by SHV Holdings, a privately-held family company. SHV invests for the long term, expanding and developing businesses and providing their customers with excellent products and services.
- 2010 - ERIKS concentrated on building a solid highly efficient organisation with a focus on innovation, customers’ total-cost-of-ownership savings, supply chain integration, customization, co-engineering and people development
- 2016 - ERIKS restructures launching our regional hub structure to support the local service centre and OnSites combining product supply with product customisation, site maintenance and engineering capability to support our whole product life support concept.
- 2018 – We launch a new signature changing from “Know-how that makes the difference” to “Let’s make industry work better” which better reflects our mission.
How to Contact ERIKS
Get in Touch
For all general enquiries use the Enquire Online form - we'll connect you with the best member of our team for your query. Alternatively, look up your local service centre...
Got a Technical Question?
We are proud to boast a strong team of technical specialists in each of our product and service areas. If you have a technical question a member of our team would be happy to help.
Share Your Thoughts
At ERIKS we strive to deliver the best quality service and products. As part of this goal we encourage customers to submit feedback on their experiences so we can resolve any issues and concerns.