How ERIKS are dealing with developments around Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
ERIKS Message to Our Valued Customers
We understand there is concern during these unprecedented times around health and safety issues leading to business continuity risk. In support of these concerns we want to provide clarity around our approach to mitigate risks which protect our ability to deliver product, service and know-how to your business.
The health and safety of our employees, customers and suppliers is our top priority and as such have been monitoring and planning accordingly since the initial outbreak in China.
We wanted to remind you that ERIKS UK & Ireland are a division of ERIKS Group, a significant part of the privately owned SHV group of companies. Our culture is unlike that of Publicly traded organisations, we embrace a forward thinking and long-term view with core values of integrity and loyalty.
ERIKS UK & Ireland has been and continue to monitor the developments surrounding the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and guidance from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation to ensure we continue to take necessary steps to ensure continuity in service and safe working operations for our customers and employees.
We have re-set clear priorities in our business
Protect the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers
To adapt allowing us to continue supporting our customers with technical and logistical services
To continue to provide clear and concise communications with our customers and employees
Here are some examples of the steps we have taken so far:
Major Incident Management:
- A focus management team has been put in place to effectively monitor and guide the business through this rapidly changing situation. Regular communications in the form of calls, meetings and emails, to inform of updates.
- Employees and departments are adopting new working practices; to minimise any risks of spreading infection, safeguarding ourselves and our customers, remote working where possible
- Education processes on how to spot symptoms, prevent spreading, advice on hygiene and techniques, how to self-isolate have been rolled out
- Additional supplies of hygiene products have been provided and placed around sites along with instructions in use
- Buddy systems have seen departments split teams into different locations and buddy facility contingencies are in place
- Travel has been significantly reduced unless critical – both on and off site
- Meetings and conversations internally and with our customers are enabled through the use of telephone, Skype, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams
Customer Delivery and Servicing:
- As a multi-sited organisation, our logistics infrastructure is structuring to mirror services and stock levels across multiple locations
- If certain areas become significantly affected, we have the capabilities to provide the same level of product and service from alternative sites
- Flexibility has been built into our infrastructure, with engineering teams strategically placed across 17 locations nationwide
- Our engineering teams have undergone a restructure to minimise the risk of infection, whilst continuing to support our customers with repair, replace and upgrade activities
- Contactless delivery is in consideration allowing drivers to leave deliveries in an agreed location, step away, then call the contact to inform of delivery
ERIKS Supply Chain:
- We have increased our stock levels of critical items and those that may be disrupted in the future, with the support of our parent company
- We are closely monitoring our current stock levels on an ongoing real-time basis and contingency plans are in place to avoid shortages by identifying and reviewing alternative brands and products available in our stocks
- We are monitoring our suppliers and their stock/production output to ensure we have the products that our customers require
- Government and official advice is being monitored and regularly communicated so that we are aware of any further disruptions that may affect supply lines
- We are running scenarios to assess the possibility of unforeseen impacts both in the long and short term so we can act now
- All areas of the business have access to the latest digital technologies i.e. Skype, Facetime, Teams, WhatsApp to keep communication channels open with ERIKS employees, customers and suppliers
- These same technologies allow our technical and logistical teams connect with you directly and support you with any specific concerns or challenges you may have
- The ERIKS IT infrastructure has been stress tested in order to ensure effective remote working, allowing normal operation to continue
These are unprecedented and challenging times; however, we are confident with the measures taken our organisation and team will continue to be safe and available to support you and your business.
We are monitoring developments hourly and daily to follow the appropriate advice to ensure everyone’s safety and we will continue to work hard on your behalf in providing the services and products that you require.
We thank you for you patience and we wish you well.
Chief Executive Officer, ERIKS UK & Ireland
Take a look at our latest customer communications relating to Covid-19, more will be added in due course.
- Covid-19 Open for Business, Collections and Deliveries are Operating Differently - 16th April 2020
- Covid-19 Delivering on our engineering promises - 3rd April 2020
- Covid-19 The strength of a nationwide structure - 1st April 2020
- Covid-19 Ensuring supply chain continuity - 30th March 2020
- Covid-19 We are here and adapting for you - 26th March 2020
- Covid-19 Update - 24th March 2020
How to Contact ERIKS
Get in Touch
For all general enquiries use the Enquire Online form - we'll connect you with the best member of our team for your query. Alternatively, look up your local service centre...
Got a Technical Question?
We are proud to boast a strong team of technical specialists in each of our product and service areas. If you have a technical question a member of our team would be happy to help.
Share Your Thoughts
At ERIKS we strive to deliver the best quality service and products. As part of this goal we encourage customers to submit feedback on their experiences so we can resolve any issues and concerns.